Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Was Tagged...

Hence, I will come up with six random things to share. I don't think I know enough other people who haven't already done this, so no further tagging from me.

1. In the days before I went to the College of Hair Design, I didn't realize that the label "permanent" on a box of red hair color meant that it wouldn't just wash out eventually... and I dyed my hair quite a shade of burgundy. This meant that a few days later I bought some plain brown dye and re-colored my hair to tone it down. It was still rather red. It stayed that way for at least a year until I cut the dyed part off.

2. I went through a 3-year period of not wanting to eat chips and salsa, starting with my pregnancy with Joshua, and ending, believe it or not, today.

3. I kept a fairly detailed journal from the time I was 12 until I married at 25. This made for some good laughs as I went back and read about my visits to the Wickboldts. (On many of those trips I was quite infatuated with David, so any particular contact with him was written down...) David really got a kick out of hearing these stories when we were engaged and I would read them over the phone to him.

4. I have always liked spelling.

5. I detasseled corn for six consecutive summers. It was a great way to keep in shape every summer and earn money quickly. Despite the relative misery of blisters, chapped skin, corn cuts (from walking through the leaves) and being dog tired for two weeks, most of my memories of it are actually happy ones.

6. One of my first hair clients at CHD was a man who had run cross-country against my dad in high school.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

2. I went through a 3-year period of not wanting to eat chips and salsa, starting with my pregnancy with Joshua, and ending, believe it or not, today.

LOL!!!!!

Lady Dvora said...

Detassling corn has always been something I've thought it would be fun to do.....
Yeah for Chips and Salsa!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to detassle corn, but I've heard so many horror stories....And I'm worry about spending all day for weeks with other kids that aren't as reserved as I am...but maybe this summer is the summer to do it....Did you really like it??!

Anonymous said...

P.S. What did you dislike about it?

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I sure those stories were funny.. It's odd how when you're writting things in a journal you'll never know what will happen in a few years...