On Friday night, David brought up a big box from the basement. He said, "If you don't use this, I'm going to sell it."
I was pretty curious right off after hearing that.
My mind went back to a couple of semi-serious conversations we'd had months ago about getting a Wii Fit. Did he really?!? You betcha!
Ever since my first pregnancy, I've never really gotten back into shape. I've lost all my pregnancy weight, but I don't have a lot of endurance for strenuous activity. I needed some aerobic exercise, and didn't know how I was going to do that with three little kids. I'd have to strap one on me with the Ergo and pack the other two into our double-wide stroller if I wanted to take a brisk walk (I don't think it would be brisk for very long!), and the thought of trying to run like that? Let's just say I would have to work up to that kind of athleticism.
So, one night a week and a half ago, David and I were discussing these variables, and what could I do? We had talked about getting a Wii Fit months and months ago, but only half-seriously. I never really thought I'd actually have one! Apparently he went to eBay and found a Wii for me. Thank you, David!
So, I am doing a 15-minute program each day, with stretching, aerobics, and strength training. It's a sight to see: me trying to balance myself on the balance board, keeping that little red dot from going outside the yellow circle, while maintaining stellar posture and my muscles are burning!
This has to be doing me some good.
Besides, David and the kids enjoy it too. We got some regular Wii games and it's fun for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
that does sound fun! I never really understand the excitement over Wii, but using it to exercise... sounds FUN!
I have a Wii Fit Plus and really like it! It makes exercising a little more fun and I like how it tracks your weight and bmi. Also nice to see my Wii age going down! Have fun!
Haha. My first time weighing in and checking bmi, etc, was an "Oh dear," moment. However, that was before I had set up a Mii character. The second time around, I had better posture and had a better idea of where my center of balance was, and it melted 7 years off of my age! I still have a few years to go, but that was encouraging!
Rebecca, it is fun. More fun than trying to motivate yourself and try to think up exercises! It's interactive and the kids can do it with me. I am enjoying the challenge of working on the balance board and improving not only my posture, but my overall stamina and health.
Jim got a Wii Fit Plus for us too. I really love it; makes the exercises a little less like "work" & a little more like "play." I too am challenged to keep within that dot & breathing in time w/their PT is a little tough, but I'm trying to improve my balance. I particularly enjoy rhythm boxing & basic step. Jim & I play tennis & bowl too.
Post a Comment