Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To My Mysterious Benefactor

Last Friday, a box was delivered to our home with my name on it. My birthday was on Thursday, so I wasn't completely shocked, but was certainly curious about it. There was no name or return address, unless you count "Amazon.com," anywhere on or inside the box. My first thought was that
David must have done some secret shopping for me, so I called downstairs to ask him about it. He said no.

The plot thickens.

So I proceeded to open the box. Inside was a brand new hand mixer! Now, I know that there are some of you out there reading this who have heard the saga of my old hand mixer, thus putting you on my list of "suspects", but I really don't know where this mixer came from. I will have to tell the story of egg whites that wouldn't get fluffy (a hand whisk actually worked better) and the 3 times I have tried (and pretty much failed) to make whipped cream. Right now, I need to get the table cleared for dinner.

But before I go, I want to say a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!! to the kind soul - or souls, whoever you are; if you want to remain anonymous, that's ok - who have given me a reason to try whipping cream again. Oh, boy. Now my mouth is starting to water, thinking of what I could make just so I could put whipped cream on it... I better go. :-)

6 comments:

Katie said...

It wasn't me! But that is fabulous!! I was going to make you something for your birthday, but free time for me is as often as a blue moon :)

Happy birthday!

Melissa said...

Kristi, was there not even a packing slip or anything on the box? Did you double check?

Abigail said...

That was nice of someone to give you a mixer!
Have a great birthday!!

Kristi said...

Hi Melissa,
I think there was a packing slip, but I didn't look at it very closely. I tried looking for it after I talked to you, but I never found it. (the slip, that is). It must have gone into the trash.

Anonymous said...

Strawberry Shortcake! My Mom makes really good strawberry shortcake and we always have whipped cream ontop...


The plot is definitely thick! You'll have to let us know if you ever figure out who sent it....

Johanna said...

Hi Kristi! I just Love your blog! I also am a christian, and have a blog devoted to the Lord! Come check it out!

In him Alone, Johanna