1. I took out the iris that was growing (and spreading) in the little patch of dirt I call my "flower garden" next to the front door.
2. We purchased some edging blocks and enclosed the garden area.
3. I made a trip to the local garden center and found some colorful plants whose colors stand out well against the gray background: Coleus (the purple plant), Gerbera daisies, and snapdragons.
4. Oh, the lush color of those gerbera daisies! Beautiful.
5. I transplanted the iris to the back corner of the house. They get a lot more sun there and hopefully they will thrive in their new home. As you can see, I also added a few snapdragons in with them to add color through the summer.
Now, when you come to visit, you not only get a welcoming committee of three eager little people, you see a cheerful patch of welcoming color at the front door. So, all we need now is visitors! (Hint, hint! ;-)

3 comments:
nice! I love the colors you picked!!!
Very nice garden work , Kristi! I wish I could say my gardens look that nice.....anyhow - good job on adding splashes of color - very beautiful!
Beautiful flowers Kristi!
Post a Comment