Basically, I added some bangs and subtracted some length. My hair was getting just... blah and all I was doing with it most of the time was putting it up in a ponytail. My goal was actually a little longer, more "swoopy" bangs, but those will grow. (I tried using a razor to cut those, and took just a little more off than originally planned, but I think they look ok anyway.)
So, here's what my hair looked like before:
Not so bad, really, but it just needed a little shape.
And here's after:
I think I am going for a slightly longer look overall, but I like it even at this length just for something different. Besides, it will grow and get to where I want it soon.

8 comments:
I really, REALLY like it!!! Great job!!!
what does David think?
Rebecca,
David says,
"It's okay, I guess."
Nice! Did you really do it all by yourself?!
I really like it!!! I give it a 10! You look great!
Thanks, ladies!
Anna,
yes, I did... I am a barber by trade (license expired though). It generally takes me at least a couple of tries before I get what I'm looking for with a new style, but I just stand in front of the bathroom mirror and snip away. Layers are the hardest to cut; that's what takes me the longest - and a few tries.
I think it looks beautiful! I'm impressed by your ability to cut your own hair like that. :)
Kristi - It does look very nice. I'm about ready for a hair change, too... ever since I started trying to do Curly Girl, I'm fairly convinced that it would "curl" better if my hair was about 6 inches shorter all over - the middle/top of my shoulder blades rather than way below them...My husband really doesn't agree! :) I really don't know what it is about really long hair that our guys like.
I am impressed you did this yourself. You are much much much braver than I!
Post a Comment