Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ok, the cat's out of the bag...

I wasn't able to say anything yet in my last post, but the main reason for my being offline these days is that we are moving in 5 weeks, and I am packing like crazy.

We found a house in a small town near David's parents and sister, plus lots of other friends who are like extended family to us. We believe the Lord is ordering this step for us and are really excited!

The house is on the edge of town, with cornfields on the south and east sides, and the lawn is 3/4 of an acre. The kids will have space to run! We also plan to use some of that space for a garden. David is thinking of planting some fruit trees, too.

The current owners have a swing set that their children have outgrown, so they are leaving it for ours, and I cannot tell you how big a blessing that is for me!

There is ample space set aside around the house for flower beds, and my grandma has promised to send me some bulbs and seeds from her flower garden, which will be a fun undertaking for me.

The house itself is over 2000 sq. feet - big enough for David to have an office downstairs, and for the kids to have their own rooms (though the girls will share a room for now) and a guest room in the basement.

The kitchen was probably the biggest selling point for me. It was remodeled just this year and is beautiful! the walls are painted burgundy, the cabinets are honey-colored, with brick-red tile on the countertops and matching linoleum on the floor. There is a window above the sink, a bar area where the kids can eat breakfast and not have to use the dining room table, a ceiling fan, and a pantry! That was one thing I really have wanted for a long time, but didn't expect to get one.
There is a breezeway between the garage and house, all enclosed, with sliding patio doors front and back, so when the kitchen door is open, a breeze can come right through the kitchen and living room. On warm days, that will be so refreshing!

Then in the living room, there is a huge, beautiful stone fireplace! It has a new insert so it will be all enclosed. That will be great this winter.

Last of all, there is a screened-in patio on the south side of the house. I hope to put some plants in pots out there, and just enjoy sitting "outside" but away from the bugs! :-)

As I think about it, I am amazed. The Lord has provided far and above what we needed, and I feel very humbled and blessed!

P.S. We'll be down to see the house next week, so hopefully I'll have pictures to share then!

3 comments:

LADY OF THE HOUSE said...

will be eagerly awaiting those pictures!!!!!

Bekka-Reeeeeeee said...

Congrats on the new house! I take it that it's in/around the Mahomet area?

Katie said...

The house sounds lovely!! I can't wait to see it!