Like Tyson said, a little bit of the "new car" shine has dissipated with my new blog, and I haven't been writing as often. However, I have another reason for this: de-cluttering. I've been going through the whole main floor, finding the things I don't need or use. I've even pulled out some of those things I've held onto for years, thinking, "Someday I might need this/use it in a craft project," - and then forgot they were there.
As I've been working on this, I've found there is definitely something God does inside of us when we're taking care of the natural things. It seems the Lord starts working on us and brings us to a place where the natural things that clutter our lives/homes/rooms start to become undesirable. So as we start to clean those things up and get rid of the extras (the junk) we've held onto for so long, something is worked in our souls where God can get to the root of it in the spiritual arena.
There's something in our souls that is compatible with the natural clutter, but as we submit to God, He starts to set things aright and establishes His order in our lives.
Part of the result is that we begin to keep things clean/tidy in our natural surroundings. One thing that I have noticed in my own life is that God isn't letting me get away with a "good enough" job, much less a sloppy one. I think He's getting at my "mediocre" attitude - He wants me to strive for that which is excellent!
So I am striving still.
I didn't take "before" pictures, except for this one that I said I'd update: my kitchen counter.
As I've been working on this, I've found there is definitely something God does inside of us when we're taking care of the natural things. It seems the Lord starts working on us and brings us to a place where the natural things that clutter our lives/homes/rooms start to become undesirable. So as we start to clean those things up and get rid of the extras (the junk) we've held onto for so long, something is worked in our souls where God can get to the root of it in the spiritual arena.
There's something in our souls that is compatible with the natural clutter, but as we submit to God, He starts to set things aright and establishes His order in our lives.
Part of the result is that we begin to keep things clean/tidy in our natural surroundings. One thing that I have noticed in my own life is that God isn't letting me get away with a "good enough" job, much less a sloppy one. I think He's getting at my "mediocre" attitude - He wants me to strive for that which is excellent!
So I am striving still.
I didn't take "before" pictures, except for this one that I said I'd update: my kitchen counter.
Before:

1 comment:
Well, I had an opportunity to see the "before" pictures :) Everything looks great!! You're still using my quilt!!! I'm glad it's getting used :)
Post a Comment