Monday, October 1, 2007

National Christian Choir


I told you that we had a lot that happened before my haircut. One of those things was that we went into Chicago to hear the National Christian Choir. They had three days of singing at different places in Chicago, and the last night (Sunday) was in one of the western suburbs, which made it a little closer for us. We had been in Wisconsin for the weekend (David was installing a couple of new computers for some friends of ours) so it was a little drive to get back after fellowship on Sunday, but we made it!

David's aunt and uncle are both in the choir, and we hadn't seen them since just after we got married. It was great to see them again! Another aunt and uncle were there that we hadn't seen since our wedding, so it was a special little reunion. It was far too short of a visit, but we were glad for the little while we had.

And the choir! I'd never heard singing like that in a live setting before. The music just goes right through you. I don't know how else to say it. The first couple of songs they sang were "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "How Great Thou Art," and that had to be my favorite part. All the congregation was singing along, and I thought, This must be what it's like in heaven, with the angels singing, all praising God with one mighty voice...

I almost cried. It was beautiful.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hi Kristi, I am a singer in the NCC, and I just wanted to say how happy I am that you were blessed by the worship service. I was so excited to get to come to Chicago with the NCC, as I grew up in the suburbs west of Chicago myself. My parents, still living in the same house where I grew up, were also able to attend the Arlington Heights EFC concert, which I was thankful for. May God richly bless you and your family!